Can Rapid Tests Detect Early Stages of Disease in Pets?

• Hi everyone! I recently adopted a puppy, and I’m trying to learn as much as I can about keeping her healthy. I’ve heard about rapid tests that vets use to detect diseases, but I’m wondering if these tests can catch diseases in their early stages. Are they sensitive enough to detect issues before symptoms become obvious, or do they work better once the disease has progressed? Any advice or experiences would be really helpful!

• I've been using Bio-FAST's Canine Heartworm Antigen Rapid Test https://www.bio-fast.com for a few months now, and I'm thoroughly impressed with its accuracy and speed. This test has significantly streamlined my workflow, allowing for quicker diagnoses and more timely patient treatment plans. The ease of use and reliable results have been game-changers in my practice. Has anyone else used this test? I'd love to hear your experiences regarding its reliability and any tips for getting the best results. 

•  I've been using Bio-FAST's Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV) and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) combo test. It's definitely improved our workflow, but I've had a couple of false negative results for FeLV. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I'm wondering if there are any factors that could influence the test results.