Photography as a hobby

• For some time now, I have been experimenting with photography as a hobby; nevertheless, these days I am gaining more interest in landscapes. I find it difficult to take shots that reveal depth and have got so much information within them until they appear quite shallow and dull. Are there any suggestions you can provide on enhancements that can be made to my landscape photographs? Most importantly, I want to understand how to deal with light and composition.

• Great question! Capturing depth in landscapes is something that can be tricky but super rewarding once you get it right. I can recommend checking out https://photogov.net/ for in-depth guides on landscape photography. One key thing is to use leading lines in your composition—these naturally draw the viewer’s eye deeper into the scene. Also, lighting plays a huge role in creating depth. Early mornings or late afternoons (the golden hours) provide long shadows that add a sense of dimension. Don't be afraid to shoot in RAW either; it gives you much more control when editing, especially when it comes to adjusting highlights and shadows. That site is a goldmine of tips, and I’m sure you’ll find exactly what you need to elevate your shots!